The Purpose is to plan Verification and Validation activities includes Peer Reviews, Unit, and System Testing.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
- Project scope is defined and external deliverable are identified
- The pre-development schedule is prepared and approved and communicated to assigned resources.
- Unit testing strategy and artifacts to be reviewed are defined and planned in Project Plan
- The test plan is prepared and approved and referred to in Project Plan
- Project Schedule (pre-development section)
- Proposal/Statement of Work
- Estimation Sheet
- Project Plan (Reviews & Unit Testing section)
- Test Plan
- Project Manager identifies the artifacts/work products to be reviewed and creates review plan for each identified artifact/work product in the Project Plan (refer to “QMS-Verification and Validation Process” for details of Peer Review Planning).
- Project Manager with the coordination of Development Team Lead defines the strategy of Unit Testing in the Project Plan (refer to “QMS-Verification and Validation Process” for Unit Testing details).
- Quality Assurance Team Lead creates the test plan using Test Plan template (refer to “QMS-Verification and Validation Process” for details of Test Planning).
Guidelines for Verification and Validation Planning
- Reference of Test Plan will also be provided in the Project Plan, as a Test Plan is a sub-plan of overall Project Plan.