Early selection of an appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model is not only helpful to estimate the project in better way but also facilitates to identify the critical path and manages the project activities in an appropriate manner.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria:
- Project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions are defined.
- Appropriate SDLC model is selected.
- Project Milestones and customer deliverables are identified.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) or customer email or tender notice
- Project Proposal / Statement of Work (SOW)
1. DevMgr/PM/Contact Person selects an appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model considering project specific needs and constraints.
2. DevMgr/PM/Contact Person identifies Project Milestones and External Deliverables.
Guidelines for Project Estimation
1. For detailed guidelines of SDLC Models and their applicability, refer to “Quality Management System(QMS)-Software Development Life Cycle Models” available in Project Management-Supporting Documents in QMS repository.