Early selection of an appropriate SDLC model is not only helpful to estimate the project in a better way but also facilitates to identify the critical path and manages the project activities in an appropriate manner.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- Project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions are defined.
- Appropriate SDLC model is selected.
- Project Milestones and customer deliverables are identified
- RFP or customer email or tender notice
- Timesheet System
- Project Proposal / SOW
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person selects an appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model considering project specific needs and constraints.
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person identifies Project Milestones and External Deliverables.
Guidelines for Selection of SDLC Model
- For detailed guidelines of SDLC Models and their applicability, refer to “QMS-Software Development Life Cycle Models” available in Project Management-Supporting Documents in QMS repository.
- Project Milestones, External deliverables, and Project SDLC will be defined in the Timesheet System.