Objectives are to understand customer business processes, customer needs, requirements, and constraints. So that, the scope of the project, customer objectives, constraints, and assumptions can be defined.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- Technosoft Higher management either receives a query, call, tender notice or request for proposal (RFP) from a prospective customer, or makes an introductory call or approach to a prospective customer.
- Higher management assigns a PM or a Contact Person to follow up the customer request.
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person develops an understanding of customer problems, needs, requirements, constraints, and objectives.
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person defines the scope of work on the basis of understanding of customer requirements and available information in Proposal/SOW and (or) in Functional Specifications.
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person defines constraints and assumptions related to budget, staff, and schedule in the Timesheet system.
Guidelines for Requirement Understanding and Project Definition
- This is a very high-level process of customer interaction, a customer can be approached in many different ways depending upon the customer type, business relations, and customer geographical location.
- DevMgr or a PM is assigned to follow-up customers and preparing proposal/SOW.
- Usually, the Project definition information that includes Scope of work, Customer Objectives are defined in Project Proposal and then in Functional Specifications.
Constraints and Assumptions related to budget, staff, and schedule are documented in the Proposal/SOW and Timesheet system whereas system, requirements, and design related constraints and assumptions are documented in Functional Specifications.