The Process Followed By Technosoft:
Quality Assurance Test Planning
- SDM appoints QATL and QA Engineer at the start of the project. QA TL receives the requirements from the client or PM.
- QA TL creates FS document according to received requirements and shares that document with all stakeholders.
- Client reviews the document and gives feedback.
- All queries of stakeholders are discussed and resolved by continuous scrums and meetings.
- Requirements are updated in FS according to the client’s comments after reviewing documents.
- After the approval of requirements from the client, Project is moved to the development phase.
- QA lead prepares Test plan which is sent to PM for review. QA team creates test scenarios and traceability matrix according to the requirements.
- The client is asked about the module he needs to be implemented in the first iteration
- During implementation phase Manager, Dev Team, And QA lead is completely involved in tracking the progress of software to make sure it meets client requirements.
- Once it is decided that what is to be delivered to the client in iteration 1, tasks are added in JIRA according to iterations defined.
- QA TL determines the scope of system testing along with acceptance criteria.
- QA TL appoints a QA Engineer for the testing of the desired iteration.
Quality Assurance Testing Estimation
- After having a clear picture of requirements, QA Engineer decides estimates for testing.
- Estimates decided by QA Engineer are reviewed by QA TL.
- QATL updates the estimates (if needed)
- After approving Estimates, QATL sends those estimates to PM.
Quality Assurance Test Designing
- QA Engineer starts identifying and documenting test scenarios as per the task division
- QA Engineer prepares detailed test cases
- QA TL reviews the test cases created by QA Engineer
- QA Engineer updates test cases to accommodate QATL review comments (if required)
- QA TL ensures the readiness of test bed with respect to hardware and software (software includes supporting software e.g. operating system, web browsers, etc. and setup of application and database server)
Testing and Defect Resolution
- Dev Team sends the release to QA Team
- QA team starts Application Acceptance Testing by applying smoke test cases to make sure there is no blocker/show-stopper in the application.
- If the application does not meet acceptance criteria (no blocker issues), QA team reports defects and build is sent back to Dev team.
- Once the application is passed through acceptance criteria, detailed testing of application is started by the QA Team.
During the systems testing cycle, QA Team executes test cases from test specification as per the sequence defined in the test plan.
- QA Team logs the identified defects in Test Management Tool (JIRA or Yodiz) assigning the status and severity
- DevTL reviews the logged defects and assigns to the concerned developer for fixing
- Assigned developers fix the defects and update the defect status.
- DevTL reviews the fixes and updates the status of defects needs to be sent in the build against defects
- DevTL sends the build to QA Team with fixation of logged issues.
- QA Team verifies all fixed defects with the appropriate status included in the current build.
- After fixes verification, QA Team assigns appropriate statuses to the defects.
- QA Team performs localize regression against defect fixes if required.
- QA team reports issues to DEV team if any (In this case new testing cycles occur), or otherwise declares the closure of build if all issues are fixed and verified.
- During all testing cycles, QA Team/QATL sends testing status to the relevant stakeholders.
Deployment to Client Environment
- Once build is passed by the QA team, it is deployed to the Client environment where he/she performs his testing.
- Client reviews the build and updates with the Feedback.
- If the client is okay with what he has received, build is moved to the production environment and QA team performs a smoke test on production.
- If the client needs any changes, the dev team starts working on client feedback and again testing process takes place as mentioned above.