- QA (Quality Assurance) Team Lead defines the QA environment in terms of hardware, software, and infrastructure requirements in the test plan following the Organizational Work Environment Standards.
- QA Team Lead determines the scope of system testing using Software Quality-Certification Levels and develops a Test Plan as per the instructions are given in Test plan template.
- QA Team Lead sends Test plan to Project Manager for review. Project Manager reviews the Test Plan and approves the plan if no issue is identified. Project Manager communicates the issues through Test Plan Review Checklist.
- QA Team prepares Application Acceptance Criteria as per the instructions are given in subject template and QA Team Lead sends it to the Project Manager for agreement before initiation of Testing Phase.
- After incorporating feedback (if any) from PM and Development Team Lead, QA Team Lead updates Application Acceptance Criteria.
- QA Team Lead creates project in Test Management Tool (e.g. Test Director) and grants access rights to all concerned roles, before the testing start.
- QA Team starts identifying and documenting test scenarios as per the task division in Test Management Tool.
- QA Team prepares detailed test cases along with the filling of required templates i.e. GUI Checklist Template, Field Validation Checklist, etc. QA Team also prepares and documents mandatory test data in test cases where required.
- QA Team Lead sends a complete set of test cases or only the test scenarios for review to Development Team Lead.
- Development Team Lead reviews the test cases according to the Test Case Review Template and sends the filled Test case review checklist to QA Team Lead.
- QA Team updates the requirements traceability matrix for test case references.
- QA Team Lead ensures the readiness of test bed with respect to hardware and software. (software includes supporting software e.g. operating system, web browsers, etc. and setup of application and database server)
Deployment and Shipment Assurance
- After system testing completion, development team identifies the required artifacts to be released and prepares a Deployment Notes that include information about deliverable code files, installation/deployment instructions as well as other contents of the shipment package.
- Development team prepares a shipment package according to Deployment Notes
- Configuration Controller verifies the shipment package and performs shipment assurance to ensure the integrity of the code and other contents of the shipment package with the help of the Quality Assurance team. Development team releases the shipment package to the client as per schedule with the coordination of Configuration Controller as required.
Types of Quality Assurance:
Following types of testing is done in Technosoft Solutions depending upon the requirements of the project:
Apart from the QA team, our development team is also indulged in maintaining the quality of the software by unit testing each component before it goes to QA for detailed testing.
At the beginning of every testing iteration, we perform the smoke test. Our QA engineers quickly check that the main features of the software work as planned. When passed, the further investigation begins.
We perform functional testing to check the functions of the application. Functional testing is carried out by feeding the input and validating the output from the application. Usually, our QA team creates an excel sheet with all the scenarios required for functional testing of a project.
After any enhancement or defect fixes are done in the software, we perform regression testing to make sure that new changes made in the software do not affect the previously working features.
We have performed load testing on one of our in-house exam conducting app. Our aim was to make multiple users submit sections/answers simultaneously and observe the response of our application. We used LoadRunner for this purpose.
Technosoft solutions also created its own load testing tool to test the web application that receives votes from a large number of participants at once.
Through automation, Technosoft Solutions has automated some necessary and repetitive scenarios to save some extra time spent on their testing. With automation in different projects, we aim to have bug free, highly efficient applications running over the globe. Our expertise includes smoke testing of web applications along with few goods to have regression scenarios.
We use selenium web driver with JAVA as a core language and Selenium IDE to perform automation.
We focus on creating high-quality products for our customers. In order to achieve good quality and to keep a complete track of our QA processes, we create some generic checklists that can be used for any kind of project’s basic testing
Other than the generic checklists we also create smoke and regression test scenarios for each project which also help us to maintain the quality of a product in the future.
Technosoft solutions is concerned about the growth of its employees, so it provides enough time for the employees to keep themselves updated with the latest technologies.
During the training of penetration testing, we used the Burp Suite to check the vulnerabilities of the websites created by Technosoft.
We have experience of working on projects which are dependent on Hardware devices. One of the hardware we used is Audience response systems which comprised of keypads, blasters and bases.
Apart from that, we also have hands-on experience in testing some healthcare projects by using healthcare devices like glucometers, activity trackers, etc.