Purpose of this activity is to document project proposal/SOW using Proposal or SOW template and define the process of reviewing, approving and submitting to the customer.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person documents the project proposal/SOW using Proposal/SOW template if required by the customer.
- If DevMgr or Contact Person is not involved in the preparation of proposal/SOW, it is reviewed and updated by the DevMgr/Contact Person.
- DevMgr/Contact Person submits the proposal/SOW to the customer.
- If the customer raises any concerns or issues in the proposal/SOW, Higher Management/DevMgr/Contact Person negotiates with the customer to clarify them or revised the proposal/SOW to address them.
- If proposal/SOW gets revised as a result of customer concerns, Higher Management/DevMgr/Contact Person resubmits the revised proposal/SOW to the customer.
Guidelines for Preparation of Proposal/SOW
- In some cases, Proposal/SOW may not be required by the customer (e.g. for some Time & Material based projects), in this situation, proposal/SOW document will not be prepared but project definition information will be documented in the Project Plan.
- The format of the Proposal/SOW is highly dependent on the customer and may vary from customer to customer. Usually, the proposal/SOW format and the level of detail depends on the following factors:
- Any specific customer need for format or contents
- Time available for proposal/SOW preparation
Information provided by the customer