This activity involves the analysis of requirements to ensure that all system functionality explicit or implicit is captured and requirements are specified in a way that they are concise, complete and unambiguous.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
- Understanding customer and software requirements are developed
- Documentation of Analysis and Design Specification is initiated.
- Software requirements are documented as Use Case Model
- Application Interfaces are specified
- Project Schedule
- Requirements Specification
- Analysis and Design Specification (Requirements Analysis Part )
- Development Team develops a Use Case Model to specify requirements in a way that all user interactions with the system are very clearly and effectively documented.
- Development Team identifies Business Rules related to the use cases in this process.
- Development Team documents application interfaces if an application has to be integrated with other application.
Guidelines for Requirement Analysis
- A Use Case Diagram can be developed to illustrate the overall system functionality.
- Overall system flow can be documented as workflow diagrams or activity diagrams.
- Snapshots/mockups of interfaces can be attached with use cases wherever required.