Purpose of the milestone review meeting is to review the overall milestone progress and accomplishments at selected milestones/phases during the project life cycle. This meeting also facilitates the project team to have a get together with higher management and other stakeholders and to discuss project issues; share lessons learned and suggest improvements for next milestones.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- Selected milestone is completed
- Relevant stakeholders are informed
- Milestone progress is calculated
- Milestone progress is discussed
- Project stakeholders issues, lessons learned are collected
- Corrective actions are identified and assigned Milestone review report is prepared and distributed
- Project schedule
- Milestone Status Report
- Updated Milestone Review Report
- Project Manager calculates milestone progress and prepares a milestone review report using the milestones review report template.
- Project Manager sends the meeting request to the relevant stakeholders along with meeting agenda and milestone review report as per plan.
- Project Manager conducts milestones review meeting according to the meeting agenda.
- All agenda items are discussed, and issues, improvement suggestions, lessons learned and action items are noted and logged in the issue management system.
- Project Manager sends a milestone review report to the project and customer contact person.
- Project Manager assigns the action items to appropriate stakeholders and obtains their commitment.
- Project Manager tracks the action items to closure.
Guidelines for Milestone Review Meeting
- Milestone review meeting may be conducted along with regular higher management status meeting of that week or a separate meeting at an appropriate time after milestones completion.
- Usually, the following are included in the relevant stakeholders of the milestone review meeting, however other stakeholders may be invited as required:
- Development Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Process Engineering Lead
- Configuration Controller
- Project Team (Quality Assurance and Development)
- Usually, the agenda of the milestone review meeting includes the following points (however, more points may be included as required) :
- Review of overall milestone progress in terms of effort and schedule variance.
- Review of customer Feedback (if any).
- Issue/problems faced by the project team during milestone.
- Lessons learned during milestone and improvement suggestion for next milestones.