Purpose of project estimation is to establish estimates of project size, effort, and cost.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- DevMgr/PM/Contact Person establishes estimates for project size, effort, resources, duration and cost on the basis of available information using Estimation Sheet template.
- If DevMgr is not involved in the preparation process, the Estimation Sheet is sent to DevMgr for review and approval
- DevMgr reviews and updates the estimation sheet as required
- DevMgr approves the estimation sheet.
Guidelines for Project Estimation
- Technosoft uses the Estimation Sheet based on the COCOMO II estimation methodology to estimate the project size and effort.
- Project Cost estimates may be kept separate from the project size and effort estimates; A Cost estimation sheet is used for this purpose and maintained by DevMgr.
- Detailed guidelines for using Estimation sheet are available in the Estimation Sheet Template.
If effort estimates need to be revised due to changes in project scope after detailed requirements gathering or due to significant effort variance as a result of the analysis in milestone review meetings, effort estimates will be revised and new effort budget will be allocated in Timesheet system and revision history will be maintained for every effort revision. Project Schedule will always be kept inlined with revised Effort budgets in Timesheet.