Development Team Follows Below Coding Standards
- Team Lead first checks if an organizational coding standard is available for the programming language and frameworks used for this project.
- After checking for the coding standard, team Lead prepares a Code Review checklist.
- Team Lead sends the Coding Standards and Code Review Checklist to the Development Manager for review and approval.
- Manager reviews and approves the Coding Standards & Code Review Checklist.
- The manager sends Coding Standards to Customer for review and approval before the coding start if a customer has an in-house development team or Development Manager wants to share it with the customer.
- Developer develops an understanding of defined Coding Standards before writing code.
- The developer writes code following the Coding Standards as per project schedule.
Perform Unit Testing
Developer follows below steps for unit testing:
- Deploys the code on a development platform for unit testing.
- Plans his unit tests by documenting unit test scenarios including unit testing steps and expected results in the Unit Testing Report.
- Performs the unit testing on his assigned code unit as per project schedule.
- Documents the unit testing results in Unit Testing Report which includes the status of each test, defects, problems, and observations.
- Updates the code to fix the issues identified in the unit testing and update the status of issues in the Unit Testing Report.
Perform Code Review
- Developer deploys the code on a development platform for unit testing.
- Technical QA Engineer reviews the code using the Code Review Checklist as per project schedule.
- QA Engineer can have a joint code review session with the individual Developer or with whole development team or review code on his own place and provide comments in the Code Review Checklist.
- Technical QA Engineer verifies that written Code follows the defined Coding Standards.
- Developers update their Code according to review comments in Code Review Checklist and update the status of issues as well.