This activity elaborates the application design on the basis of customer requirements.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- Customer and software requirements are gathered
- Documentation of Analysis and Design Specification is initiated.
- Detailed Design is completed
- The draft version of Analysis and Design Specification for detailed design is documented
- Project Schedule
- Requirements Specification
- Analysis and Design Specification (Requirement Analysis Part)
- Analysis and Design Specification
- Development team creates a high-level architecture of the application in form of an Architecture Diagram showing different components/layers or application tiers.
- Development team creates detailed Class Diagrams
- Development team creates database Entity-Relationship Diagram
Guidelines for Application Design
- Sequence or Collaboration Diagrams can be prepared to present a detailed view of system design.
- A Data Dictionary can be prepared for all input screens or forms.