Purpose of this meeting is to review the project status with higher management and get their feedback and commitment.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- A project is kicked off
- The updated project schedule is updated and communicated
- Internal and customer status report is prepared and communicated
- The project schedule is reviewed and updated
- An internal status report is updated and communicated
- Customer status report is reviewed and sent to the customer
- Updated Project schedule
- Logged Issues
- Risk Management Plan
- Internal Status Report
- Customer Status Report
- Updated and revised Project Schedule
- Reviewed and updated Internal Status Report
- Reviewed Customer Status Report
- Development Manager and Quality Assurance Manager conduct a higher management status review meeting with Project Manager according to meeting agenda as per plan.
- Development Manager reviews the project progress and team performance.
- If project progress is not satisfactory, Development Manager and Project Manager analyze causes of delays and determine if it requires corrective actions or warns a risk.
- If some corrective actions or risks are identified, Project Manager specifies them in the issue management system or risk management plan accordingly.
- Meeting participants review the risks list as well as status and progress of risks mitigation/avoidance and may suggest improvement as required.
- Meeting participants review the status of corrective actions against issues and suggest appropriate improvements if issue resolution or progress of corrective actions is not satisfactory.
- Development Manager reviews the next week tasks and the stakeholder’s commitments assigned on the tasks.
- Development Manager reviews the customer status report and status of customer related issues.
- Development Manager discusses all other agenda items and suggests appropriate actions accordingly.
- Project Manager updates the project schedule, internal and customer status report, and other affected plans and documents according to Development Manager comments.
- Project Manager distributes the updated project schedule to the project team.
- Project Manager sends the customer status report, internal status report and updated project schedule to internal contact person and Development Manager.
- Internal Contact Person sends the customer status report to the customer.
Guidelines for Higher Management Review Meeting
- Following are the agenda items of the Higher Management Review Meeting, however additional items may be included on the discretion of meeting participants:
- Review of Project Progress (effort and schedule variance)
- Status Review of project planning and monitoring activities
- Status of Risk mitigation progress as well as the identification of new risks
- Status of project issues (customer and project team)
- Review of Customer Status Report
- Review of Next Week Tasks
- Any other point to be discussed
- From project team, usually participation of the Project Manager is required in the Higher Management Review; however, Quality Assurance Manager, Development Team Lead, Quality Assurance Team Lead or Internal Contact Person may be invited in the meeting where required.