Configuration management planning covers:
- Definition of Configuration Management System
- Identification and management of project data and configuration items
- Planning and control of project baselines
- Planning of configuration audit and status accounting
- Build and release management
- Definition of Change management strategy
- Data backup and recovery planning
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- Configuration Controller with the coordination of Project Manager creates the Configuration Management Plan using Configuration Management Plan Template.
Guidelines for Configuration Management Planning
- Reference of Configuration Management Plan will also be provided in the Project Plan, as a Configuration Management Plan is a sub-plan of overall Project Plan.