Configuration management planning covers:
- Definition of Configuration Management System
- Identification and management of project data and configuration items
- Planning and control of project baselines
- Planning of configuration audit and status accounting
- Build and release management
- Definition of Change management strategy
- Data backup and recovery planning
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
Configuration Controller with the coordination of Project Manager creates the Configuration Management Plan using Configuration Management Plan Template.
Guidelines for Configuration Management Planning
Reference of Configuration Management Plan will also be provided in the Project Plan, as a Configuration Management Plan is a sub-plan of overall Project Plan.