Purpose of Communication Planning is to define communication modes used for internal and external communication and to define the issue management strategy for handling different types of issues.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria
|Entry Criteria||Exit Criteria|
- The pre-development schedule is prepared and approved
- Communication strategies and customer feedback frequency is defined
- Project Schedule (pre-development section)
- Proposal/Statement of Work
- Project Plan (communication planning section)
- Project Manager defines the status review meetings, meeting strategy, frequency and mechanism for internal and customer status reporting
- Project Manager defines the issue management strategy that includes issue escalation, analysis, and resolution in the Project Plan.
Guidelines for Communication Planning
- Reference of Test Plan will also be provided in the Project Plan, as a Test Plan is a sub-plan of overall Project Plan.