Purpose of project estimation is to establish estimates of project size, effort and cost.
Process Entry/Exit Criteria:
Project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions are defined.
Appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model is selected.
Project Milestones and customer deliverables are identified
Project Size, Effort and Cost estimates are established.
Project Proposal/Statment of Work (Project cope, SDLC, Milestones and deliverables information)
1. Development Manager/Project Manager/Contact Person establishes estimates for project size, effort, resources, duration and cost on the basis of available information using Estimation Sheet template.
2. If Development Manager is not involved in the preparation process, Estimation Sheet is sent to Development Manager for review and approval
3. Development Manager reviews and updates the estimation sheet as required. Development Manager approves the estimation sheet.
4. After detailed requirements gathering and documentation, Development Manager/Project Manager determines if project scope is changed.
5. Incase of project scope creep, Development Manager/Project Manager conducts a scope creep assessment and revises the estimation sheet.
Guidelines for Project Estimation
1. Technosoft uses the Estimation Sheet based on COCOMO II estimation methodology to estimate the project size and effort.
2. Project Cost estimates may be kept separate from the project size and effort estimates; A Cost estimation sheet is used for this purpose and maintained by Development Manager.
3. Detailed guidelines for using Estimation sheet are available in the Estimation Sheet Template.
These guys are fantastic. They are the most professional programmers I have had the pleasure of working with. They were in constant contact with me. They corrected everything I asked for. I recommend them to you highly. It is a pleasure to find this group to work with. We will be doing lots of business in the near future. Read more